Sunday, February 25, 2018

America's Legacy of Faith and Personal Commitment


Thomas Jefferson wrote in 1781: “Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are of the Gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed, I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that His justice cannot sleep forever.”

President Dwight Eisenhower declared in his farewell address, 1961: “This evening I come to you with a … farewell, and to share a few final thoughts with you, my country. … We face a hostile ideology – global in scope, atheistic in character, ruthless in purpose, and insidious in method. … As we peer into society’s future, we … must avoid the impulse to live only for today, plundering for our own ease and convenience the precious resources of tomorrow. We cannot mortgage the material assets of our grandchildren without risking the loss also of their political and spiritual heritage.”

President Ronald Reagan stated, 1983: “We’re a nation under God, a living and loving God. But Thomas Jefferson warned us, ‘I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just.’ We cannot expect Him to protect us in crisis if we turn away from Him in our everyday living. But you know, He told us what to do in II Chronicles. … He said, ‘If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.'”

As for this writer, Samuel Alano, I mean to stand upon the Constitution and God's Holy Word. I need no other platform. I shall know but one homeland and one God. Though far from perfect, the ends I aim at shall be my America, my God, and Truth. I was born in a Christian America; I will live as a Christian American; I shall die as a Christian American, free from the shackles of secular-humanism and geopolitical tyranny.


No comments:

Post a Comment