Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Are We or They Unreformed Simpletons


Have you the reader, like me, ever assumed that too many presidential candidates were unreformed simpletons and that as soon as they opened their mouths, we might as well close our ears? Have you ever thought we might actually gain some insight into the mind of a presidential candidate by examining their inconsistent actions? I have, and have suffered PTSD like symptoms in doing so. It is sometimes difficult to journey on someone else’s imaginings or at least ponder their conception of a “New America.” Being the person I am, I attempted to visit their “New America.” My vehicle of choice was my mind’s eye. Using it, I began to see the world as they envisioned it. The end result of the ride; I was frightened, befuddled, angry and dejected. Like one of the current presidential nominees, I'd blamed large businesses for closing up shop and moving overseas. and then reality hit home. I'd wonder if I might have done the same thing. I'd curse our government for not helping enough, and then I'd wonder if, in its attempts to help, it actually made the problems worse. Then again, that's me just thinking outside the lines and doing so out loud.


No comments:

Post a Comment