Thursday, August 4, 2016

Here's Why I and People Like Me...


I don't know who wrote this, but it is an interesting point of view!  I took some liberties with the original in order to personalize it. I also believe this is why Trump, if he can keep his mouth in check, has a large enough following to possibly become America’s next president.

If you really want to know how the majority of people feel? And this applies to both Democrats and Republicans, read the paragraph below, it says it all. 

“You've been on vacation for two weeks, you come home, and your basement is infested with raccoons. Hundreds of rabid, messy, mean raccoons have overtaken your basement. You want them gone immediately… You call the city, four different exterminators but nobody could handle the job… But there is this one guy and he guarantees you to get rid of them, so you hire him. You don't care if the guy smells, you don't care if the guy swears, you don't care if he's an alcoholic, you don't care how many times he's been married, you don't care if he voted for Obama, you don't care if he has plumber's crack...you simply want those raccoons gone!  You want your problem fixed!  He's the guy. He's the best. Period.”

Now for the liberties: Here’s why I and others like me want Trump. Yes, he's a bit of an ass. Yes, he's an egomaniac, but I and others like me don't care. The country is a mess because politicians on both sides of the isle are found lacking, as I have heard some millennials say: they suck. The Republican Party is two-faced and gutless, and illegals are everywhere. I and people like me want it fixed. I and people like me don't care that Trump is crude. I and people like me don't care that he insults people. I and people like me don't care that he had in times past been friendly with Hillary. I and people like me don't care that he has changed positions. I and people like me are willing to overlook the fact that he has been married multiple times. I and people like me don't care that he fights with Megan Kelly and Rosie O'Donnell. I and people like me don't care that he doesn't know the name of some Muslim terrorist. For that matter, are there many who do? 

This country is weak, bankrupt, and our enemies are making fun of us. We are being invaded by illegal's and Middle Eastern refugees. We are becoming a nation of victims where every Tom, Jose and Muhammed is a special group with special rights to a point where we don't even recognize the country we were born and raised in; and we just want it fixed and Trump is the only guy who seems to understand what the people want.  I and people like me are sick of politicians, sick of the Democratic Party, Republican Party, and sick of illegal immigrants. We just want this thing fixed. Trump may not be a saint, but doesn't have lobbyist money holding him, he doesn't have political correctness restraining him, what I and people like me know is that he has been very successful, a good negotiator, he has built a lot of things, and he's also not a cowardly politician. And he says he'll fix it. And I and people like me believe him because he is too much of an egotist to be proven wrong or looked at and called a liar.

Furthermore, I and people like me don’t care if the guy has bad hair. We don’t care if his wife did a pin up pose that was leaked. We just want "those raccoons gone."










No comments:

Post a Comment